1. One of the full-timers at work is moving to another department and I’ve been offered (and have accepted) that position. So from sometime in early August I’ll be doing the ol’ 40-hour week. It still won’t be nine to five, though. Oh, no. Some weeks I’ll have to start work at 7am. And won’t that be fun on these cold winter mornings, kids?
2. My (stupid, crappy, slow, old) iBook refuses to admit that my ASDL cable is plugged in. This makes me angry and frustrated. I am currently on dial-up paying God-knows-what per hour.
3. Behold the driver of 275 bus who waits until about a minute before the bus is scheduled to leave the bus terminal before opening the doors and letting passengers on. Instead me and my fellow public transport users have to wait around in the cold bus shelters while the driver enjoys a quiet time inside the warm bus.
4. My toes are numb. It’s not so much winter that I dislike, but that 90% of houses in Auckland seem to be built with the attitude that winter is something that happens to other cities, but not Auckland. Did I mention that my last power bill was over $200? Yeah, that’ll teach me to ignore the meter reader’s knock.
5. Actually, this is about what I need at the moment:
- a replacement car tyre
- a cellphone (my crappy old one even has a broken screen now)
- a fast, non-dying computer.
Money in my savings account: $5.