Right, let’s see if I can’t type something meaningful about the Netguide awards. It turns out there were freebies, namely booze, meat and Netguides. What, no iPods? What a rip off.
I turned up incredibly unfashionably late and missed the awards ceremony, but I can reveal the following:
- When Idolblog won the ‘best youth site’ award, some rapscallion yelled out ‘go Michael.’
- The best personal blog winner was that librarian chick who turned out to be a guy. WTF? There goes all those hot lesbian fantasies I’ve been having about her, dammit.
- I met a bunch of the Public Address guys, and they’re all rool choice.
- Ah, free booze.
- No one checked my ticket at the door. I could have been anyone. I could have been a terrorist.
- That chick from that reality show has been bragging about how she rooted that guy from that other reality show.
- My old school status was recognised. Yeah, I’ve been writing online since 1996, you bitches.
- Sauvignon blanc.
- This guy came up to me and he was like, “Are you Robyn?” Yes, yes I am.