I am pleased to say that Fractured Radius’ 48Hours film for 2006 is all done and was handed in on time.
The last time I checked it was called “T.H.A.T. – Three Heroes Against Terror”, which is just a hint of the comedy genius that it contains.
I don’t want to give away too much, but I can reveal that:
- It features a car driving inside a warehouse.
- Dylan, James, Ryan and I were drafted in as henchpeople. We wore $7.50 shirts from an army surplus shop. James and Dylan looked like Howard Moon and Bob Fossil from season one of the Mighty Boosh. I looked like a gay pirate. Ryan looked hot, as per usual.
- I woke up this morning with bruises, probably caused by being beaten up in my small role as an evil hench wench.
- Somewhere along the line Andy’s eyepatch mysteriously went missing. Fortunately we were shooting sequentially so it could be hilariously written into the script.
- We shot a lot of it in a disused bed warehouse, with variety of mattresses lying around. So not only could we do cool falling stunts, but we got to lounge around on a $5000 bed that was luxuriously soft and yet supportive.
- If I get my way, Melanie and I will be credited as laser technicians, because that’s what we did.
You can see the film at the mighty Civic this Tuesday, May 30 at 6pm, so come along and see a bunch of good and/or entertainingly bad short film and remember to vote for Fractured Radius.