At the stroke of midnight I was walking with Morgan and Andy in the grassy bit behind Maclaurin Chapel at the university, talking about the benefits of protein bars (?!). In the distance people started cheering and fireworks started spewing out of the top of the Sky Tower, so I figured that 2007 had smudged into 2008.
Ol’ 2007 turned out to be quite a good year. As far as this goes, the thing I’m most pleased with was finally ditching LiveJournal and moving back to using WordPress on my own website. It’s a bit more work running things here, but I enjoy it.
- I went to Waiheke Island, looked at Sculptures on the Gulf.
- Had my likeness painted on a poppadom.
- Made another 48Hours short film – The Big Job, then watched all the films in the Auckland heats.
- I took a lot of photos. 748, sez Flickr.
- I saw some live music, including Fat Bob and his Gothic Minstrels, the LEDs, Bill Direen, Blam Blam Blam (thricely!), the Checks, Garageland, and sweet, sweet Justin.
- I went to Nelson, which was nice, and drove out to Motueka and Blenheim (I do not recommend Blenheim).
- I went to Wellington and met some wonderful people and had a brilliant time, desired to become a cocktail-drinking public servant and discovered that Wellington is better than Auckland.
- And then there was other stuff, the things one doesn’t write about in one’s blog because one is a lady. But that was quite good too.
So, yeah, that was fun. Let’s do it again this year.